Licensed Acupuncturist (LAc) Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine (MSOM)
My healing work is based on an intuitive understanding of how stress and modern lifestyle impacts your physical and emotional health.
While the outer world may be chaotic and uncertain, I find joy helping men, women and teens transform their inner world to find more balance, calm and energy with safe, effective healthcare solutions.
I was born and raised in Salt Lake City and then ventured off to live in Colorado and the San Francisco Bay Area, with a few stopovers in Boston, North Carolina and Paris, France. I’ve explored over 50 countries, studied energy healing with shamans in Peru, traveled solo to villages in Africa and Eastern Europe, and learned traditional medicines with healers in India, Nepal, Japan and China.
I like to think I’ve lived a thousand lives and carry the wisdom, experiences and lessons of many places and people I’ve met along my winding path.
My superpower is connection–I am comfortable working with many different types of people and personalities
My late grandfather, a well-respected surgeon in Utah, once told me you can always find something in common with everyone you meet if you look hard enough. I carried his advice with me and I believe it has blessed me with a rich, diverse network of friends, clients, colleagues and interests -and a keen desire to help others.
The name Blue Soulspace comes from my affinity for the color blue and what it represents. A deep blue ocean or a turquoise lake inspires calm, while the beauty of an azure blue sky ignites pure awe in me, like those in sharp contrast to the red rocks of Southern Utah.
And who doesn’t love wearing a great pair of blue denim jeans?
My spirit animal is the bluebird. I see them everywhere and they are my reminders to seek Joy in the present moment.
Education & Training
- Southwest Acupuncture College, Boulder, CO Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine
- University of Colorado, Boulder, CO BA, Political Science & Public Policy
- Sports Acupuncture Apprenticeship Program, Whitfield Reeves
- Sports Acupuncture Associate with Vail Integrative Medical Group, Vail, CO
- Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Intern, Asher Clinic (Marin, CA) Mark Plaatjes (Boulder,CO) John Stebbins (Denver,CO)
- Advanced Training in Functional Medicine, Standard Process and Metagenics
- Clinical Herbal + Acupuncture Training, Beijing International Acupuncture Training Center and Sino-Japanese Friendship Hospital, China
- Advanced energy medicine training with Four Winds Society and Foundation for Spiritual Development
- Cranio-sacral Therapy Certification, Bastyr University
- Traditional Japanese Toyohari Acupuncture Certification
- Medical Cannabis Certification, Pacific College of Health and Science
- Disaster relief and trauma volunteer coordinator with Acupuncturists Without Borders